On Apple Macs the certificate will need to be manually downloaded and installed. If you haven’t already downloaded the certificate please visit this page, then return to this page to proceed.
Installing the certificate
- Go to the location where you downloaded the certificate to and double click on it.
- The Keychain Access program should appear. Enter your username and password to proceed.
- The certificate should now be installed, but will need some additional configuration.
- In the System keychain, identify the certificate mrc-cbu.cam.ac.uk and double click on it.
- Expand the Trust section and change the When using this certificate option to Always Trust.
- You will now be prompted for your password again.
- You should now see that the certificate has a “+” option on it.
- Safari will now be able to access secure websites correctly.
Installing the certificate in Firefox
- From the Firefox menu, go to Firefox, then Preferences, Advanced , Encryption, then View Certificates.
- In the Certificate Manager, ensure the Authorities tab is selected, then click on Import….
- Browse to the certificate and double click on it.
- Click on all three options then click on OK, then OK, then close the Preferences window.
- Firefox will now be able to access secure websites correctly.