The Unit welcomes many visitors to Chaucer Road each year. Anyone planning to visit the Unit should note the following points:
- All visitors to the Unit require a ‘host’, usually a senior scientist or other staff member.
- Extended visits to the Unit are welcome but will require the Unit host to seek permission from the Director beforehand. There is an internal process for approving visits which the host will follow.
- All requests for visits should be made as early as possible, especially if desk space or other resources will be required.
- Not all visits can be accommodated as desk space is limited and other resources including the neuroimaging facilities are booked many months in advance.
- If you are enquiring from the press or media please contact the Unit Press Officer, Vicky Collins.
Guest Wireless Access
We provide wireless networking for visitors to the Unit, these are provided via a local Guest network and we provide access to the eduroam network for member institutions. Access to the CBSUGUEST network is via temporary tickets which can be issued by our Reception staff.. eduroam and CBSUGUEST wireless is available from anywhere within the building. Information about eduroam can be found here – eduroam/JANET Roaming Service. The CBSUGUEST network is an open (i.e. unencrypted) wireless network, and therefore network access is restricted to web browsing and secure/encrypted connections only.
Please note that inclusion of any external website listed here does not imply endorsement by the MRC or the Unit for that website.
Visitor information on Cambridge is available here.
A list of Cambridge local information websites is maintained by the University of Cambridge.