I am developing computational models of visual object recognition based on empirical evidence from systems neuroscience.
- Amin Mirzaei, Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Masoud Ghodrati, Sajjad Zabbah, Reza Ebrahimpour. “Predicting the human reaction time based on natural image statistics in a rapid categorization task”. 2013, published in Vision Research
- Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Nikolaus Kriegeskorte. Object-vision models that better explain IT also categorize better, but all models fail at both. COSYNE. Salt Lake City, UT; 2013
- Linda Henriksson, Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Nikolaus Kriegeskorte. Population-code representations of natural images across human visual areas. Annual meeting of the Vision Sciences Society, Naples, Florida, USA, 2013.
- Masoud Ghodrati, Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Reza Ebrahimpour, Karim Rajaei, Mohammad Pooyan. "How can selection of biologically inspired features improve the performance of a robust object recognition model?" 2012, published in PLoS One.
- Karim Rajaei, Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Masoud Ghodrati, Reza Ebrahimpour, Mohammad-Ebrahim Shiri-Ahmad Abadi . “ A Stable Biologically Motivated Learning Mechanism for Visual Feature Extraction to Handle Facial Categorization” 2012, published in PLoS One.
- Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Karim Rajaei, Masoud Ghodrati, Reza Ebrahimpour, Nikolaus Kriegeskorte. “How much a computational model of ventral visual pathway accounts for fMRI data obtained from FFA?”. Poster presentation, Workshop on Methods to Study the Brain in Action, Tubingen, Germany, 2012.
- Alexander Walther, Seyed-Mahdi Khaligh-Razavi, Nikolaus Kriegeskorte. "The transformation of representational similarity along human ventral-stream stages of visual object processing". Poster, Organization for Human Brain Mapping (OHBM), 2012.
Honors and Awards
- Ranked 1st among computer science students in all semesters (2007-2011)
- Selected as the best research assistant in the Brain and Intelligent Systems Research Laboratory (BISLab) in 2011
- Cambridge International Scholarship (Honorary Scholarship)
- Yousef Jameel Scholarship (Full scholarship Administered by the University of Cambridge)
PhD, MRC Cognition and Brain Sciences Unit, University of Cambridge, UK
Supervisor: Dr. Nikolaus Kriegeskorte
Start date: 5 January 2012
B.Sc., Computer Science, University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
GPA: 19.22/20 (1st rank)
B.Sc.Thesis title: Improving one of the well-known cortex like object recognition models (HMAX), based on evidence from human visual system
Supervisor: Dr. Reza Ebrahimpour
Started in: September 2007, Graduated in: July 2011