01223 355294 x.602
I'm investigating episodic memory in aging, using behavioural measures, E/MEG, and fMRI. Other lines of research include studying the preserved abilities of individuals with hippocampal damage, and looking at learning via a procedure known as 'Fast Cortical Mapping'.
My PhD research explored a semantic memory contribution to orthography-to-phonology computation in healthy adult word reading using ERP and behavioural measures.
- Vitkovitch, M., Cooper, E. (2012). My Word! Interference from reading object names implies a role for competition during name retrieval. The Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology, 65(6), 1229-1240.
- Pulvermuller, F., Cooper-Pye, E., Dine, C., Hauk, O., Nestor, P.J., & Patterson, K. (2010). The word processing deficit in semantic dementia: all categories are equal, but some categories are more equal than others. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 22, 2027–2041.
- Vitkovitch, M., Cooper-Pye, E., & Ali, L. (2010). The long and the short of it! Naming a set of prime words before a set of related picture targets at two different intertrial intervals. European Journal of Cognitive Psychology, 22, 161–171.
- Woollams, A.M., Cooper-Pye, E., Hodges, J.R., & Patterson, K. (2008). Anomia: a doubly typical signature of semantic dementia. Neuropsychologia, 46, 2503–2514.
- Hauk, O., Patterson, K., Woollams, A., Cooper-Pye, E., Pulvermuller, F., & Rogers, T.T. (2007). How the camel lost its hump: The impact of object typicality on event-related potential signals in object decision. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience, 19, 1338–1353.
- Vitkovitch, M., Cooper-Pye, E., & Leadbetter, A. G. (2006).Interference from word primes during object naming. Memory and Cognition, 34, 715-725.
- Graesser, A.C., Lu, S., Olde, B.A., Cooper-Pye, E., & Whitten, S. (2005). Question asking and eye tracking during cognitive disequilibrium: Comprehending illustrated texts on devices when the devices break down. Memory and Cognition, 33, 1235-1247.
- Graesser, A.C., Karnavat, A.B., Daniel, F., Cooper, E., Whitten, S.N., & Louwerse, M. (2001). A computer tool to improve questionnaire design (Statistical policy working paper No. 33). Washington D.C.: Federal Committee on Statistical Methodological, Bureau of Labor Statistics.
GREVE, A., COOPER, E. , KAULA, A.J., ANDERSON, M.C., HENSON, R. (2017) Does Prediction Error drive one-shot declarative learning?, Journal of Memory and Language, 94, 149–165 [Open Access]
HENSON, R.N., GREVE, A., COOPER, E. , Gregori, M., Simons, J.S., GEERLIGS, L., ERZINCLIOGLU, S., Napur, N., Browne, G. (2016) The effects of hippocampal lesions on MRI measures of structural and functional connectivity, Hippocampus, 26(11), 1447-1463 [Open Access]
TIBON, R., COOPER, E. (2016) When One Is More Than Two: Increasing Our Memory, Frontiers for Young Minds, 4:11 [Open Access]
GREVE, A., COOPER, E. , HENSON, R. (2014) No evidence that 'fast-mapping' benefits novel learning in healthy older adults, Neuropsychologia, 60C, 52-59 [Open Access]
STARESINA, B., COOPER, E. , and HENSON, R. (2013) Reversible information flow across the medial temporal lobe: The hippocampus links cortical modules during memory retrieval, Journal of Neuroscience, 33(35),14184-14192 [Open Access]