Socialising and Networking
- We host a number of events each year, such as our summer garden party and Christmas party where we encourage everyone to get involved and mix with people they may not normally have opportunity to talk to on a day to day basis
- Our weekly Chaucer Club talks usually conclude with a meal in the local area with the guest speaker. We encourage people to attend this as an opportunity to network within the scientific community.
- We have a ‘Tea and Coffee’ club which serves coffee in the morning at 10.30 am and tea in the afternoon at 3.30 pm. You’ll find a wide range of people in the common room to talk to, find out about what they’re currently working on and identify potential collaborations.
- In the summer months you’ll find people in the garden at lunch or during tea and coffee. The beautiful garden has a number of seating areas to take a peaceful lunch, engage in conversations with colleagues or enjoy a round of croquet or swing ball.
- We often organise group lunch time trips to the botanical gardens to get some fresh air, and to enjoy the surroundings
- Our fully fitted kitchen enables us to prepare food and eat lunch in the conservatory