I am in charge of the CBU Library and Archives.
On a day to day basis this will include things such as adding books and journals to our collection, checking our online resources, ordering Inter-Library loans from the British Library and dealing with queries from unit members on a myriad of subjects.
The Library also holds the unit's Psychological Test collection.
These resources are only available to unit members. Although we are affiliated to Cambridge University we are not part of the University and there is no reciprocal access agreement.
Archive material is another side of my job with the publications and a wide range of grey literature from the CBU and it's predecessor, the Applied Psychology Unit. This includes a large number of photographs, paperwork and even a range of old films. Copies of a large proportion of the Unit's historical article output is also included in the archive. For more information please visit the History section of this website. If you wish to reproduce material or have a question about the contents of the archive then please email me.
I also answer emails coming into the unit via the website contact form and so act as a distribution point for queries, making sure they are forwarded to the appropriate person in the unit and highlighting any FOI requests to fulfill the MRC's requirements on swift compliance with such requests.
Additional responsibilities and roles include:
- AED Trained First Aider
- BBQ Chef
- Christmas Party and Decorating
- Display Screen Assessor
- Event Photographer
- Equality Committee Member
- Fire Marshall
- Helium Replenishment Operative
- Occasional Test Subject
- Oracle Superuser
- Open Access Publishing
- Research Documentation Archive
- Social Media Information
- Web Renovation Project Member
I am also:
- Secretary of the Cambridge Library Group (CLG)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals (CILIP)
- Member of MRC Librarians group
- Member of Research Councils Libraries & Information Consortium (RESCOLINC)
- Member of Research Institute's Serials Consortium (BRISC)